WWR Article Summary (tl;dr) If getting dressed in the morning can be just as hard as getting out of bed then creating a better-organized closet may be the solution to starting your day off right.
If you're not a morning person, getting through your early-morning routine can sometimes feel like a never-ending chore. But by changing a few small things about how you start your day, you can make everything from the bathroom ritual to breakfast time just a little bit easier, reducing the hassle of the early-morning rush and saving precious time in the process.
Here are five ways to make each morning even better:
1. Buy a programmable coffee maker. Nothing provides an early-morning pick-me-up quite like that first cup of joe. Unfortunately, many people spend their waking moments without their favorite brew until they reach the local coffee shop. For anywhere from $20 to $50, a programmable coffee maker can deliver the perk of morning coffee without requiring you to leave your house, replacing long lines and lukewarm drinks with home-brewed coffee that's ready as soon as you wake up. And with a fresh cup waiting for you at the start of each new day, it won't be long before that new pot pays for itself.
2. Upgrade your shower. A nice hot shower is a great way to get your morning started right. But problems like low water pressure or a lack of hot water can leave many feeling left out in the cold. Luckily, there several ways you can make that morning shower a lot more enjoyable. Available for anywhere from $20 to $100-plus, a new showerhead can provide better control over water pressure while reducing water waste. And replacing your water heater with a new tankless model can save you a bundle on energy costs, and make the wait for hot water a thing of the past.
3. Make your floor more comfortable. A comfortable floor can go a long way toward improving your morning routine. But while carpets and rugs may be the obvious choices for cozying up the bedroom, they are far from good candidates for moisture-heavy bathroom floors. With radiant flooring installed in your bathroom, your feet can stay warm and toasty as you get ready for your day, making brushing your teeth and combing your hair things you'll really look forward to.
4. Organize your wardrobe. For some of us, getting dressed can be just as hard as getting out of bed. If sorting through clothes to find the right outfit has become a source of distress, then better organization may be the perfect solution. An organized closet with more storage options can put the wardrobe you want right at your fingertips, eliminating the early-morning scavenger hunt while adding precious minutes to each new morning.
5. Install a remote car starter Winter mornings can pose a real challenge when it comes to warming up the car, particularly for those in colder parts of the country. By installing a remote starter on your vehicle, you can defrost the windshield and power up the heater without ever leaving the kitchen, making your morning commute more comfortable than ever. ___ HomeAdvisor is an online marketplace connecting homeowners with trusted service professionals to complete home projects. Visit HomeAdvisor.com.